ZyXEL rolls out an all-in-one WLAN controller and ceiling-mount access points.
October 17, 2013
ZyXEL Communications Inc., a provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access, connected home, and routing products, based in Anaheim, Calif., has introduced the NXC2500 wireless LAN controller and NWA5120 series of ceiling-mount Access Points (APs).
The ZyXEL NXC2500 WLAN controller supports up to 24 NWA3100 series APs or the latest NWA5120 series APs, and offers a range of features:
• Built-in wireless optimizer; the WLAN deployment and management tool also uses the deployed APs as Wi-Fi sensors to map range and signal quality of the wireless network, creating a coverage map that can be monitored and optimized
• Expansion of existing WLAN network by adding APs without any preconfiguration using NXC2500’s built-in support for CAPWAP (Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points)
• A built-in RADIUS server, captive portal server, and DHCP server, so businesses can provide secure access for employees and guests
• Load-balancing features, automatic channel selection, and RF optimization
The NWA5120 series APs include the NWA5121-NI 802.11n AP and the dual-band, dual-radio NWA5123-NI AP. The NWA5120 series APs can function as a stand-alone AP or can be used with the NXC2500 controller. Features include:
• Coverage-enhancing technologies that include TX Beamforming that dynamically changes signal phases and MLD that boost signal-to-noise ratio to 3 dB
• Support for CAPWAP for quick deployment with the NXC2500 WLAN controller
• NWA5123-NI comes with dual radios to support concurrent 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands
• NWA5120 series APs are plenum rated with support for PoE, WAP/WPA2 enterprise security, VLANs, and DHCP
The NXC2500, NWA5121-NI, and NWA5123-NI are available from authorized ZyXEL distributors and channel partners. MSRP is $399 for NXC2500; $169 for NWA5121-NI; and $199 for NWA5123-NI.
Go to ZyXEL to learn more.