The offering equips hosting, managed services, and cloud services providers with an infrastructure for on-site and off-site backup and disaster recovery services.
August 14, 2013
All-in-one backup, archiving, and recovery solutions provider Unitrends has launched its new Service Provider Program. The offering equips hosting, managed services, and cloud services providers with an infrastructure for on-site and off-site backup and disaster recovery services.
Unitrends’ Service Provider Program is designed to meet the specific needs of hosting, managed services and cloud providers.
Key program features include:
- Partner-Friendly Subscription Licensing — With this subscription model, partners can more affordably build their private cloud infrastructure.
- Flexible Deployment Options — The ability to mix and match physical and virtual appliances at both customer and data center sites for flexibility.
- Physical & Virtual Protection — Protects data across on-premises, virtualized, and cloud-based environments, eliminating overhead costs associated with managing multiple, disparate systems.
- Heterogeneous Agility — Supports more than 100 different versions of operating systems, applications, servers, storage platforms, and hypervisors.
- Enhanced Customer Relations — Service providers remain the first point of contact for both billing and support.
Unitrends’ new program also enables service providers to branch out and offer additional managed services. Service providers can now not only provide basic backup and disaster recovery services, but also use Unitrends’ technology to power a range of high-growth, high-margin service offerings, including backup-as-a-service (BaaS), replication-as-a-service (RaaS), and disaster recovery-as-a-service (DRaaS). Additionally, providers can layer additional services at no extra cost.
With Unitrends’ new program, service providers will also receive:
- All-in-one backup and unified data protection technology.
- Access to dedicated channel representatives.
- Not For Resale licenses of Unitrends’ software-only, virtual backup, and recovery appliance, Unitrends Enterprise Backup, for internal use.
- Freedom to interact with customers as they choose, as no pay-to-play fee arrangement or quote is required.
- Use of Unitrends’ service provider portal, which enables new license requests, increases capacity of existing licenses, enables ordering of new hardware, tracks capacity in real-time, and displays billing and statements.
- Sales and marketing collateral and technical and sales training.