The networking company makes the announcement in Las Vegas at 2013 International CES.
January 08, 2013
Networking hardware manufacturer TRENDnet chose the 2013 International CES event in Las Vegas to announce the availability of its AC1750 Dual Band Wireless Router (model TEW-812DRU).
The TEW-812DRU creates a gigabit wireless network with two wireless bands (a 1.3 Gbps Wireless AC band and a 450 Mbps Wireless N band) to connect everyday wireless devices like tablets, smart phones, and computers.
The TEW-812DRU is designed to handle multiple HD streams in a busy connected home or small office. Multiple User MIMO technology enables the router to communicate with multiple devices simultaneously, producing a performance boost.
Administrators can Plug in a USB flash or network attached storage drive to enable the sharing of HD videos and music across the network. Gigabit ports on the back of the router maintain high-speed wired connections. Create a secure isolated guest network for guest Internet access.
Beamforming technology directs the strongest signal to each connected device. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) connects other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. Manage access to websites and file types with advanced access controls.
The dual band wireless router features:
- Gigabit Wireless—Next generation gigabit Wireless AC.
- Simultaneous Dual Band—1.3 Gbps Wireless AC + 450 Mbps Wireless N.
- Whole-Home Coverage—Whole-home coverage gigabit wireless.
- One Touch Connection—Connect to the router at the touch of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button.
- Guest Network Access—Create an isolated network for guest Internet access Parental Control and control access to specific websites or types of content.
- USB Share Port—Share content from a USB storage device across you wireless network.
- Gigabit Wired—Gigabit Ethernet port maintains high performance network connections.
The AC1750 Dual Band Wireless Router (model TEW-812DRU) carries a MSRP of $229.99. It is available late January 2013.