The IT help desk and asset management solution adds asset auto-discovery for keeping IT inventories current.
June 13, 2013
IT management software developer SolarWinds has improved its Web-based IT help desk and asset management solution SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD).
SolarWinds WHD streamlines dynamic help desk ticketing through each request’s life cycle, helping to simplify and automate complex help desk environments. Now with asset auto-discovery, IT pros can keep IT inventory current by scheduling automated discovery of all hardware and software assets and information including hostname, model, serial number, logged-in user, operating system, hard drive, memory, and installed software.
In addition, WHD now supports integration with SolarWinds network and systems management software including SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, and SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager.
This new SolarWinds integration feature enables IT pros to import asset information populated by SolarWinds’ software into SolarWinds Web Help Desk and convert and configure network device, server, and critical application performance alerts directly into trouble tickets in SolarWinds Web Help Desk.
Features of the latest SolarWinds WHD include:
- Automated ticketing.
- Automatically conversion of service request emails into trouble tickets.
- Leveraging of help desk integration with SolarWinds systems and network monitoring tools.
- Unlimited routing and ticket update automation.
- Automated ticket creation for common and repetitive service requests.
- Simplified ticket management with graphical and intuitive Ticketing Dashboard.
- Dynamic Ticket Forms for clients to create IT tickets.
- Importing of service tickets from old, legacy systems.
- Knowledge base management for end user self-service issue resolution.
- Asset management.
SolarWinds WHD starts at $695 and includes the first year of maintenance.