Schneider Electric builds on commitment to IP with eight new families of IP video accessory products.
September 24, 2013
Schneider Electric has launched eight new families of Pelco IP video accessory products designed to operate in all environments and applications.
The eight new accessory lines from the Clovis, Calif.-based Pelco by Schneider Electric include:
- Fortified camera enclosure systems offer protection from heat, cold, humidity, and vandalism, and have IP66 and IK10 ratings. The fully integrated enclosures are available as assembled, tested, and certified camera systems, including the camera, lens, enclosure, mount, power supply, and optional fiber media converters. New enclosure systems include high-temperature (up to 70° C), low-temperature (down to -50° C), humid-environment, and solar-powered optimized enclosures.
- General-purpose enclosures come with IP-centric-available features such as built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) camera power, and megapixel-optimized front windows.
- Infrared and white light LED illuminators provide an efficient solution for improved video surveillance performance. These illumination options are a fit for fixed and PTZ camera installations and offer an optional remote control that makes installation setup easy by providing controls such as light intensity, photocell sensitivity, and on/off timer.
- IP fiber optic transmission is reliable and robust to meet long-distance transmission challenges and NEMA TS 1/TS 2, and Caltrans Traffic Signal Control Equipment Environmental Standards. Designed for industrial operating environments (-40° C to 75° C), these systems make use of customer-installed FSFP units, which are sold separately, for compatibility with a wide range of optical fibers, optical connector types, and optical transmission distances. Included are Ethernet media converters, unmanaged Ethernet switches, and Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) series interchangeable transceivers.
- EthernetConnect Ethernet over Coax (EoC)/UTP transmission solutions allow users and installers to make use of existing coaxial cable and twisted pair copper wire as Ethernet transmission media. Supporting PoE and PoE+ cameras, these solutions can transmit IP video, and power over Coax or UTP, up to 5,000 feet all within the same form factors and racking as IP fiber.
- PoE midspan power systems provide a wide range of power and extension options for IP network cameras, enclosures, PTZ systems, and other edge devices over an Ethernet cabling infrastructure using the IEEE 802.3at/af industry standards. The Pelco midspans are designed to provide the highest standard power using 802.3at up to 100 meters (300 feett) with an extender that will add an additional 100 meters at IEEE802.3af power. The PoE technology combines the advantages of a single cable for transmitting video, data, and power with products that integrate into the infrastructure of IP networks. These systems are available for all applications and come equipped with a Web-based interface to view and manage power on each port as well as SNMP network connectivity.
- Full HD monitors/displays are designed for maximum reliability and power efficiency for round-the-clock usage. Features of these LCD monitors include long life, low power, and lightweight/slim design.
- The portable IP camera installation tool is compact, battery-powered, and enables complete IP camera installation without requiring a second person at the control system for verification. With built-in PoE support, it connects directly to a camera to provide power, and displays live video for adjusting camera viewing angles and focus.
For more information about Pelco’s new accessories visit here.