The intelligent print management software address mobile device, mixed-fleet, and remote workforce challenges.
July 22, 2013
Speech and imaging solutions developer Nuance Communications Inc. has announced the latest iterations of its Equitrac intelligent print management software. The software is designed to help SMBs better control and manage their print environments.
The version 5 iterations of Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express print management software enable organizations to reduce costs associated with unnecessary printing and print infrastructures as well as increase document security.
The new versions of Equitrac directly address print challenges created by the influx of mobile devices, mixed printer fleets, and workers on the move inside the SMB.
The new versions include the new I-Queue feature, designed to enable SMBs business-wide printing without the need to process print jobs through print servers. I-Queue printing moves the processing of print jobs from the print server to individual user desktops, eliminating server costs and cutting network print traffic by 50 percent.
Other new Features & Benefits of Equitrac Office and Express versions 5 include:
- Easy Integration—Equitrac’s Hybrid Print Control provides a single print management platform that supports SMBs in server-based environments.
- Enhanced Secure Printing for Mobile Devices—Equitrac has extended its Web Release functionality to support secure document release using a web browser. With Mobile Web Release, users can follow the Follow-You Printing workflow through a workflow displayed on their mobile device.
- Increased Productivity—With the Equitrac Capture & Send add-on, print and scan workflows can now be executed from a single application.
- Secure Control—The new Web-based system manager for user management extends the functionality of the existing client-based Equitrac System Manager to enable administrators to perform commonly executed tasks from any Web browser.
- Business Aligned Reporting—Print activity is tracked, along with the resulting cost savings and environmental benefits. Reports can be filtered by user, department, account and device, and can be run for any defined time period.
- Convenient Printing—The Nuance ID Controller is comprised of a small form-factor hardware component that attaches to the back of any printer and a card reader. The ID Controller provides users with the ability to swipe their ID card and release their documents stored in the users Equitrac print queue one at a time.
- Added Desktop Value—Equitrac Express licenses will now come bundled with Print Assistant licenses, providing Educational users with more control over printing from their desktops with features such as job cost preview, viewing account balances, job re-naming, and online authentication.