The ProSafe Intelligent Edge M4100 Series manage switches are designed for SMBs and organizations supporting fewer than 500 users.
March 27, 2013
Networking solutions provider NETGEAR Inc. is rolling out its ProSafe Intelligent Edge M4100 series of managed switches in the channel. The portfolio fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet access layer solutions are designed for SMBs and organizations supporting fewer than 500 users.
The NETGEAR Intelligent Edge M4100 series consists of 12 managed switch products in desktop and rackmount form factors, ranging from 8-port Fast Ethernet and Power over Ethernet (PoE) to 50-port Gigabit Ethernet and PoE Plus (up to 30W), and power budgets ranging from 66W to 1,440W. The series is ideal for all organizations needing reliable, affordable and simple access layer switching with CLI, scripting and IPv4 static L3 routing, IPv4/IPv6 ACLs and QoS.
The advanced features of the M4100 series—such as Redundant and External Power Supply (RPS and EPS) options—facilitate, improve, or secure convergent applications, like VoIP deployment, IPTV and video surveillance installations, and wireless access point infrastructures.
The M4100 series feature both redundant and external power supply capability, key for such critical applications as VoIP, IP surveillance, and wireless access points. Other features include:
- IPv4/IPv6 Layer 2+ with IPv4 L3 static routing
- 16K MAC addresses
- Protocol-based Auto-VoIP and Voice-VLAN
- ACLs, CoS and L3/L4 Diffserv prioritization
- Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR)
- Advanced multicast filtering with IGMP/MLD, Proxy and Querier modes
- Proxy ARP and private VLANs advanced security
- Optional redundant and external power supply (RPS/EPS)
- Ingress granularity down to 1Kbps
- HTTPs Web GUI and Telnet/SSH CLI
- Energy-efficient Ethernet compliance
The NETGEAR ProSafe Intelligent Edge M4100 series will become available in April through a variety of NETGEAR PowerSHIFT partners and authorized reseller, DMR, and ecommerce channels.