The app server enables SMBs to mix and match digital and IP endpoints for Strata CIX and Strata CTX systems.
May 08, 2013
Users of Toshiba’s Strata CIX IP business telephone systems gain unified messaging, mobility, unified communications, and meeting collaborations this week, as the telecommunication systems division of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. announced the availability of IPedge Application Server.
“Using IPedge as an app server gives users of Strata CIX and Strata CTX systems all the application benefits of the IPedge without entirely moving to IP,” says Brian Metherell, Toshiba’s vice president and general manager, telecommunication systems division. “It’s an affordable solution that lets SMBs mix-and-match digital and IP endpoints as necessary for their businesses. It also focuses and streamlines our application server portfolio across our CIX, IPedge, and VIPedge product lines for our Authorized Toshiba Dealers.”
Applications include IPedge Unified Messaging, IPMobility for mobility and single-number reach, IPedge Call Manager on PC for unified communications, and IPedge Meeting for audio, Web, and video collaboration. Users of Toshiba’s legacy Strata CTX digital business telephone systems can also upgrade to Strata CIX and add IPedge as an application server to enable these advanced solutions.
Using IPedge as an application server provides SMBs with:
- IPedge Unified Messaging—Delivers voice mail and unified messaging to the user’s email inbox.
- IPMobility—Provides single-number reach to Apple and Android smartphone devices, enabling them to act as an extension of the IPedge and/or Strata CIX IP business telephone systems for both incoming and outgoing calls.
- IPedge Call Manager—Enables user’s PC with call control on the Strata CIX so the user can make calls from an existing Contacts list, see phone presence information, text chat with colleagues, and make or receive calls via the integrated soft phone.
- IPedge Meeting—Offers an audio conference bridge with Outlook Calendar invite support and enables users to share desktops and video, all within a standards-based Web browser.
IPedge Application Server is compatible with all the Strata CIX models: Strata CIX 40 (4–11 trunks or 8–40 telephones); Strata CIX 100 (up to 112 trunks and telephones); Strata CIX 200 (up to 192 trunks and telephones); Strata CIX 670 (up to 672 trunks and telephones); and Strata CIX 1200 (up to 1,152 trunks and telephones) models. It is also compatible with Toshiba’s legacy Strata CTX systems when the processor and software are upgraded to Strata CIX.
IPedge Application Server is available in three system sizes:
- IPedge EP Application Server (Up to 40 Users)
- IPedge EC Application Server (Up to 200 Users)
- IPedge EM Application Server (Up to 800 Users)