The cloud and Exchange hosting provider says the Microsoft business email client has added significant contact management, usability, mobility, and performance improvements.
December 10, 2012
Cloud platform developer and Microsoft Exchange hosting provider Intermedia has announced the release of Outlook 2013. The latest iteration of Microsoft’s business email client is designed to provide an enhanced user experience.
The software is available as an optional feature with Intermedia’s hosted Exchange 2007 and 2010 as well as the newest version hosted Exchange 2013. Current customers with Outlook purchased through Intermedia can choose to upgrade to Outlook 2013 for free.
According to Intermedia, the latest iteration of Outlook aims to “bring together the mobile device, app store, and social worlds, as well as enable users to be more productive.”
Among the improvements are such features as:
- Mobile Optimization—The latest version of Outlooks adapts itself based on the device being used. Touch mode is available for tablets and touchscreen laptops.
- Simplified Response—Users can now respond to email by in-line composition, no longer needing to open a new window. An enhanced inbox view also makes names standout in the message list for easier identification.
- People Hub—Outlook contacts can be combined with contacts from social networks. In addition, users can view a contact’s social network updates.
- Apps for Outlook—Cloud-enabled application integrates rich, scenario-focused content and services together with Outlook 2013. Apps for Outlook are available from a specially created marketplace.
- Performance Improvements—Outlook 2013 performs faster than previous versions.
Along with Outlook 2013, Intermedia offers such cloud services as hosted Exchange 2013 via its Office in the Cloud suite of services. Office in the Cloud combines Microsoft services, like Exchange 2013, Lync 2013, and SharePoint 2013, with Intermedia’s services for backup, mobility, security, voice, etc.
Intermedia’s Exchange 2013, Lync 2013, SharePoint 2013 services are delivered from the company’s cloud infrastructure. It also includes account management through the company’s HostPilot Control Panel, which integrates Intermedia services and solutions in a single control panel with 24/7 service and support access and SpamStopper/VirusStopper, backup, and mobile services.