The new solutions are aimed at giving SMBs increased mobility and performance.
By Colleen Frye
May 06, 2013
HP has announced new products, technology, and tools to help SMBs boost productivity and connectivity.
The HP ProBook 400 Series is a portfolio of five notebooks designed for cost-conscious customers. Offered in 17.3-, 15.6-, 14-, and 13.3-inch flat-panel screen sizes, and featuring a range of processors from Intel and AMD, the ProBook 400 series is up to 36 percent thinner and 18 percent lighter than previous-generation notebooks, according to the Palo Alto, Calif.-based company.
The HP ProBook 400s feature a new hybrid hard drive option that offers the responsiveness of an SSD with the capacity of a traditional hard drive, connectivity options that include 4G wireless WAN (WWAN) and HP Client Security. The notebooks are Skype-ready and feature DTS Sound+ for audio/videoconferencing. Availability in the United States is expected this month; pricing starts at $499.
Also expected to be available in the United States this month, the HP 200 Series business notebooks are offered in 15.6- and 14-inch screen sizes, with a range of wireless capabilities and processors from Intel and AMD. They feature a user-friendly design for easy content creation and consumption, with a durable casing and HP 3D DriveGuard. The HP 200 Series delivers multimedia right out of the box with preinstalled software and features, such as the Altec Lansing speaker. Users can connect to larger HD displays through the HDMI port. Pricing for the HP 200 starts at $249.
New printing and imaging solutions include:
- HP LaserJet Pro multifunction printer (MFP) M521 series. Customers can print while on the go to these MFPs from their smartphones or tablets via HP ePrint, AirPrint, and DirectPrint.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M725 is an enterprise-class device that offers safeguarded, large-volume printing and imaging capabilities.
- HP Scanjet Pro 3000 s2 Sheet-feed Scanner offers a small footprint and scan-to-cloud support for applications like HP Flow CM Professional.
- HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer and HP Officejet Pro 276dw MFP provide professional printing for up to 50 percent lower cost per page than laser printers, according to the company, and can be integrated into existing IT infrastructures through enhanced manageability and workflow solutions.
- HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One helps business customers cost-effectively bring these print shop jobs in-house.
The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521 series, HP LaserJet Enterprise M725, and HP Scanjet Pro 3000 s2 Sheet-feed Scanner are available now worldwide. The HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer and HP Officejet Pro 276dw MFP are available now in the United States. The HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One is expected to be available beginning in July.