The ‘continuous protection platform’ is designed to enable SMBs to combat cybercrime.
October 04, 2013
VM-based security developer FireEye Inc. has announced a continuous protection platform aimed at providing SMBs a means of countering cyber attacks.
“Customers need protection around the clock and around the world,” says FireEye CEO David DeWalt. “With Oculus, FireEye has reimagined security to help SMBs combat and defeat the menace of cybercrime and espionage.”
The platform, Oculus, is made up of three components:
- Threat Prevention Platform—The platform features the patented Multi-Vector Virtual Execution (MVX) engine. It conducts signature-less analysis atop a patented, virtualization technology. The MVX engine is designed to provide scalable protection across the primary threat vectors—Web, email, and files
- Dynamic Threat Intelligence (DTI)—FireEye’s global deployments provide the company with threat intelligence. On an hourly basis, FireEye customers receive updated threat intelligence on worldwide cybercrime networks and nation-state actors. DTI leverages:
- Big Data Analysis—By aggregating and analyzing large volumes of attack data, FireEye can recognize global attack patterns and pinpoint possible and actual targets.
- APT Discovery Center—The APT Discovery Center catalogs and analyzes current and past APT campaigns. It characterizes APT attacks by technical footprint, vertical industry, geography, and target.
- Support and Services—FireEye protects its global customers via 24/7 support in all major regions around the world. The FireEye Continuous Protection Service. This service enables SMBs to address cyber threats and gain insight into their security posture relative to their industry vertical.