The developer’s Continuous Data Protector and Network Storage Server solutions offer enhanced features for moving, storing, protecting, and analyzing data.
September 04, 2013
Disk-based data protection innovator FalconStor Software Inc. has announced the latest iterations of its Continuous Data Protector (CDP) and Network Storage Server (NSS) solutions. In addition to RecoverTrac disaster recovery (DR) automation technology, the solutions now offer enhanced features for moving, storing, protecting, and analyzing data without burdening production resources.
FalconStor CDP and FalconStor NSS solutions are designed with RecoverTrac technology provide the flexibility to meet requirements for data protection and recovery. Enhanced capabilities include:
- Minimized Impact on Production Data — Production operations retain full access to storage volumes while data is managed, protected, and available, enabling non-disruptive mining of copy data and eliminating the need for dedicated storage for business intelligence.
- Enhanced DR Automation — Flexible recovery preserves resource allocation, recovery accuracy, VMware vSphere 5.5 support, networking support, and failback accuracy.
- Microsoft Environment Protection — Protection and recovery of physical and virtual machines running Windows 2012 (and any virtual machine running on Microsoft Hyper-V 3.0 environments).
- Secure Replication — Customers can replicate multiple types of data quickly, each with its own encryption format, which adds an extra layer of security when moving data from the data center to remote locations.
- Cluster Configurator — New automated configurator simplifies the set up and configuration of stretch metro clusters, increasing data availability and reducing the risk of downtime.
- Cloud Data Movement — Data migration is enabled to and from cloud infrastructures, helping managed service providers deliver business continuity, data protection, and disaster recovery.
- Windows 2012 Storage Management — Integration with the Windows 2012 storage management interface provides mechanism for management, provisioning, and monitoring of FalconStor storage devices from Windows 2012 servers.
- VMware Integration — Ability to offload CPU-intensive read, write, and clone processes to storage devices and the ability to use thin provisioning with space reclamation support for all storage devices connected by vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI).
“FalconStor is focused on providing simple yet powerful data mobility solutions that enable business agility and maximum uptime with minimum effort,” says Tim Sheets, FalconStor’s vice president of product marketing and enablement. “FalconStor NSS and FalconStor CDP with RecoverTrac technology keep IT services up and running by moving, storing, and protecting vital business information while facilitating data movement and multiple uses of stored data.”
FalconStor will begin shipping the next version of the FalconStor CDP and FalconStor NSS solutions with RecoverTrac DR automation technology in October.
The FalconStor CDP and FalconStor NSS software appliance kits start at $10,000. The FalconStor CDP appliance starts at $11,300. The FalconStor NSS gateway carries a MSRP of $12,300.