Networking access company broadens its WorkSpace App EcoSystem with these Partner Program additions.
September 17, 2013
Networking access solutions manufacturer Aruba Networks Inc. has added seven new financial services apps to its Aruba WorkSpace Partner Program. The addition of these apps expands the WorkSpace App Ecosystem, which is designed to help financial services firms support Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environments and enhance worker productivity.
“Financial services firms are looking to capitalize on the productivity benefits that the BYOD trend offers, but they have stringent security and regulatory requirements that must be addressed first,” says Peter Cellarius, Aruba’s vice president of business development and partnerships.
“Combining Aruba WorkSpace with these popular financial services apps enables financial services firms to deliver all the productivity benefits of BYOD to their users without compromising the security of corporate applications and data that reside on employees’ personal mobile devices.”
Security for Regulated Environments
Aruba WorkSpace adds strong encryption and enterprise-grade security to these apps, protecting data at rest on the device and data in motion over the network. Aruba WorkSpace does not store encryption keys on the device, where they can be susceptible to security compromises. Instead, split-key encryption is used to ensure an application’s data can’t be maliciously accessed, even if the device is offline.
WorkSpace makes network security and intelligence available to the newly certified financial apps. Using dynamic per-app VPNs, WorkSpace secures all data associated with the apps over the air and gives a consistent experience to users. In addition, organizations can set network priority for apps to ensure high bandwidth and low latency.
Financial Services Apps
The newly added apps include AsdeqDocs, Calltrunk, Framehawk, Onvelop, PDF Expert Enterprise, WatchDox, and Webalo:
- AsdeqDocs—An on-premise enterprise mobility content management solution that enables the secure and dynamic synchronization of documents to Android and iOS tablets and smartphones.
- Calltrunk—Enables users to record mobile, landline, and Skype communications, saving all the recordings in one place.
- Framehawk—Provides a software platform that enables secure, high-performance application delivery to mobile devices.
- Onvelop for Office 365 & SharePoint—Provides a unified collaboration and communication suite for secure mobile access to enterprise server software such as Office 365, SharePoint, and Lync from iOS and Android mobile devices.
- PDF Expert Enterprise—A document management system that helps set up a paperless workflow on mobile devices.
- SlideShark—Free mobile app that enables the showing of PowerPoint presentations via the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- WatchDox—Enables SMBs to securely sync, share, and work with their files wherever they need to go. Enables mobile users can access, annotate, and edit files with real Microsoft Office applications from any device with a single, secure app.
- Webalo—Mobilizes enterprise applications and data in minutes at an infrastructure level to deliver secure bi-directional, transactional interactivity