Array's APV Series application delivery controllers are designed to ensure the availability of Lync services.
May 08, 2012
Application delivery innovator Array Networks Inc. has announced the immediate availability of its Microsoft-approved load balancing solution for Lync Server 2010.
The APV Series application delivery controllers are designed to ensure the availability of Lync services by optimizing resource utilization, maximizing throughput, minimizing response times, and ensuring a seamless user experience in the event that application servers become unavailable.
“Array has worked closely with Microsoft to create products that accelerate and optimize the delivery of Lync services,” says Neville Nandkeshwar, Array Networks’ director of product marketing. “The joint solution is an integral part of Array’s application delivery architecture and addresses the growing challenge of providing highly available unified communications to any user, anywhere, on any device.”
Array’s APV Series application delivery controllers are able to provide connectivity to multiple front-end servers in a pool. They can also provide connectivity to multiple directors in an array or provide connectivity to both internal and external network interface cards (NICs) for multiple edge servers in an array.
Essential functions performed by Array APV Series application delivery controllers deployed for Lync Server 2010 include:
- Intelligent load balancing of Lync services across multiple servers.
- Service persistence to PCs, laptops, and mobile devices, including tablets and smart phones.
- Health-checks for Lync services to detect failed or overloaded servers and automatically re-route traffic.
- Offloading of connection management and other non-core Lync functions from application servers to dedicated appliances for optimized performance.
- Local and global availability of services with seamless redirection of users in the event of server or site failure.
- Protection of Lync servers from DDoS attacks.
- Scalability of concurrent users on a single appliance, with the ability to cluster up to 32 APV Series appliances for unlimited scalability.
“Our goal is to empower our customers to deliver application services without compromising user experience, security, or return-on-investment,” says Array Networks CEO Michael Zhao. “Our joint solution with Microsoft for Lync Server 2010 is an example of how we are working with application developers to create end-to-end solutions that ensure the performance, availability, and security of applications over the Internet.”
As a Microsoft qualified load balancing solution for Lync 2010, APV Series application delivery controllers have met all requirements for interoperability with Lync Server 2010, provide a quick start guide for rapid installation and configuration, and have demonstrated enterprise-class standards for reliability and scalability.
For more information about the joint Array Networks and Microsoft solution for Lync 2010, download the Lync 2010 Deployment Guide.
» READ ABOUT OTHER UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS SOLUTIONS