Docuwise, FMAudit, HP, Ingram Micro, PrintFleet, Synnex
If you’re thinking of adding managed print to your services toolkit, check out this handy guide.
By James E. Gaskin
June 21, 2013
Managed printing may be one of the last multibillion-dollar markets desperately in need of more service companies. But IT resellers and managed service providers often overlook, or look down on, this market. While they snub, some office products dealers are actively becoming full-line IT MSPs, with managed print a mainstay of their offerings.
But if you are actively considering adding managed print to your service offerings, you should find a fit with one of these seven solutions.
1. Docuwise LLC provides tools for printer discovery and management, including cost-per-copy and total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) tools. The program provides three levels of reseller involvement, from high to low, with the company’s PESO (Print Environment System Organizer) offering, which includes PESO Pro, PESO Advantage, and PESO Ultimate. http://www.docuwise.net
2. FMAudit offers full-spectrum printer management with WebAudit, for cloud-based printer activity tracking; TCO Reporting, a data collection and reporting tool; Supply Triggered Delivery, for managing consumables inventory; ERP Synchronization, which offers synchronization with a company’s ERP system; and Enterprise, the company’s complete suite for printer service automation. http://www.fmaudit.com
3. HP’s Care Pack Services, available for resellers to pass through to customers, are support packages that expand and extend standard warranties, including premium support, for HP hardware and software. http://www.hp.com/sbso/services/care_pack.html
4. Ingram Micro Inc.’s managed print offerings include MPS Plus (fulfill supplies), Advanced (all-inclusive, cost-per-page offering), and Total (leasing options for new equipment as part of a managed print consolidation). http://www.ingrammicro.com/mps
5. PrintFleet Inc. offers full-spectrum print management with three levels: Enterprise, Suite Pro (a rapid assessment app on a USB key), and RemoteTech (with Canon devices). http://printfleet.com/dealer
6. Synnex Corp. offers PRINTSolv, which assesses, tracks, and manages the print environment. The distributor also has separate PRINTSolv programs for wide-format inkjet solutions and document management. http://www.synnex.com/printsolv
7. Xerox Corp.’s PagePack (now known as Xerox Remote Print Services) enables resellers to provide complete print management services. Xerox Partner Print Services is for resellers who want to manage customers’ printers yet let Xerox monitor and deliver supplies. The eConcierge offering can be resold to customers who then receive direct Xerox support. http://www.xerox.com/about-xerox/partner-programs/print-management-services/enus.html