Some of the 50 ideas are likely ones you have already used, but others would position you as a thought leader. Read on to find out which ones, and how.
By Cheryl Strege
November 16, 2012
Even after that morning cup of coffee starts the buzzing in your brain, it can be hard to be creative when trying to come up with ideas for content. And by content, I mean press release content, blog content, social media posts, and more. But Manta has given us a great head start on creative topics that we can all utilize for our next press release in the article, “50 Press Release Topics for Small Business Owners”.
Some of the 50 ideas are probably ones you’ve already used, such as (4.) Share a free “FAQ” sheet available at your website or (7.) Announce that you are providing free “consultations”. A couple that would position you as a thought leader are…
27. Identify a trend you are noticing within your industry
28. Debunk a common myth in your industry
I especially liked the ones I hadn’t thought of before. If you had been sitting next to me at the time, you likely would have seen the light bulb come to life over my head as I was reading!
31. Share a story about a customer who didn’t use your product or service – and was very sorry!
42. Interview a competitor and publish it
50. Do a press release interview swap – have a colleague interview you and publish it. Offer to interview your colleague for their own press release as well.
Read the article for more of the 50 topics and get your own press releases, blog posts, and social media updates rolling! For more marketing ideas, opt-into the monthly newsletter at The Partner Marketing Group (http://www.ThePartnerMarketingGroup.com).