Boot camps, workshops, training, and peer networking provide ROI for partners.
By Michael Siggins
June 03, 2013
Autotask Corporation, the provider of hosted IT business management software, kicked off its 2013 Autotask Community Live! user conference yesterday at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, Ariz. The event runs from June 2-4.
Partners attended pre-event boot camps on Sunday, June 2, with themes that included Accelerator, LiveReports, and using APIs. Monday and Tuesday are filled with workshops, educational sessions, and networking opportunities.
When asked why they believe it’s so critical for their partners to attend the Community Live! event, the Autotask team cites the following:
- It’s the best peer-to-peer networking event you’ll attend. Year after year, they say, Autotask surveys indicate that the event provides enormous value. Specifically, the real-world advice and best practices partners learn from other users helps them with approaches they would never have considered.
- The training and education provides a tangible ROI. Nothing replaces in-person training, and uniquely, Autotask customers teach right alongside Autotask staff. This combination ensures that partners will walk away with solutions they can apply in their business as soon as they get home.
- Community Live! provides access to the best solutions in the cloud. Autotask global partnerships with the industry’s leading vendors bring technologies and solutions from around the world directly to the event.
Autotask President and CEO Mark Cattini delivered today’s keynote, complete with company statistics. From 2011 until today, under Cattini’s leadership, Autotask has gone from:
- 2,746 pro clients to 4,588 clients
- 2 offices to 5 offices
- 49 countries to 70+ around the world
- 1 language to 7 languages
Moreover, 12.8 million tickets were generated in all of 2011; 29 million tickets are forecast for all of 2013—more than double in two years. And today there are 1.8 million businesses around the globe using Autotask, representing $9.8 billion in combined revenues.
Cattini, citing IDC research, sees these top categories for increased IT investment, opening up opportunities for partners:
- Mobile solutions will be a $181 billion market by 2017
- Big Data, $53 billion by 2017
- Cloud Services, $121 billion by 2015
Autotask says that in response to client demand and significant expansion of the product throughout the world, the company is producing this same event in Barcelona, Spain. Autotask Community Live! Barcelona 2013 will be held at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos from October 16-18, 2013. Members of the international Autotask community and broader IT industry can sign up for email notifications at autotaskcommunitylive.com and follow Autotask on Twitter (#CommLive) for news announcements and agenda details.
“The demands of SMBs continue to evolve due to changes in technology consumption and the requirement for an immediate return on technology investments. IT and managed service providers rely on our platform to streamline processes and to deliver the highest quality service to their clients,” says Cattini. “We are excited about the international expansion of this event, which offers the Autotask community more opportunities to network and learn from peers from around the world. It is the only multi-city event of its kind and both conferences are guaranteed to be must-attend events for progressive ITSPs and MSPs.”
To learn more about Autotask and Community Live!, go to autotaskcommunitylive.com.